Dental implants are the preferred treatment option for tooth loss. The all-on-4 dental implant procedure gives patients an affordable option to support a set of complete dentures on just four implants. This is an excellent dental treatment for patients who have extensive tooth loss.
Artesa Dental is proud to improve our patients’ lives with all-on-4 dental implants. If you are interested in learning more, contact our office and schedule a consultation.
About All-on-4 Dental Implants
Dental implants are titanium posts surgically placed into the jawbone to support prosthetic teeth. Traditional full-arch dental implants require 6-8 implants to support the permanent denture.
The all-on-4 procedure places only four dental implants to help support dentures for an entire arch of teeth. Two implants are placed in the front of the arch and two in the back. The distal implants are titled 45 degrees toward the back of the mouth. These angled implants provide cross-arch stabilization to prevent prosthetic complications and aid in the initial healing period.
This treatment is ideal for patients who have lost all their teeth or have low bone density.
Advantages of All-on-4 Dental Implants
There are many benefits to all-on-4 dentures:
- They are permanently fixed in place. You can have confidence in your smile since your dentures are firmly fastened to the implants, and you won’t be worried about them coming loose.
- They look and feel natural. The more natural appearance and enhanced chewing function and communication are trademarks of this style. You can also continue to enjoy your favorite foods with no restrictions.
- Maintenance is simple. They’re less complicated to maintain than traditional dentures and don’t require any special adhesives or cleaners. Cleaning is very similar to your regular oral hygiene routine.
- They are permanent. Unlike traditional dentures, these implants will last a lifetime with proper care.
- They encourage jawbone preservation. Implants prevent bone loss by stimulating the jaw bone, whereas dentures only sit on the surface. Preserving the jawbone also helps protect facial characteristics from changing.
- They are comfortable. Unlike a removable denture, implant-supported dentures do not rest on top of the gums. The artificial tooth root allows the replacement teeth to feel and function just like regular teeth.
- The all-on-4 denture is custom-made. Just like regular dentures, all-on-4 dentures are fabricated using a mold we take of your mouth. The custom fit is comfortable and appears natural.
Restore your smile today!
If you are looking for an experienced implant dentist for all-on-4 dental implants, contact Artesa Dental. Our team has years of experience in implant dentistry, and we are dedicated to ensuring you have a positive experience with us.
Call our office at (925) 430-7498 to schedule a consultation and see if all-on-4 dental implants are right for you!