Single Tooth Replacement in Martinez, CAArtesa Dental is the best choice if you need a single tooth replacement in Martinez, CA. Our practice offers a full range of dental services to provide you with the best possible care. Whether you need single tooth restoration or an entire smile makeover, we are here to help. Dental implants are the ideal treatment for replacing natural teeth, but we will help you understand all options, including other methods of tooth replacement. We want you to feel confident in your investment in your oral care.
Single Tooth Dental ImplantsA single tooth implant is a dental procedure that replaces a missing tooth with an artificial tooth. The dental implant is placed directly into the jaw bone through a surgical procedure. Once the implant heals, an artificial tooth, known as a crown, is attached to the implant. Single implants are an effective way to replace missing teeth and help preserve the health of the surrounding teeth.
Restorative Benefits of ImplantsThere are countless benefits to dental implant treatment.
- They prevent bone loss. One of the most significant advantages of dental implants is that they stimulate bone regeneration in the jaw. Other tooth replacement options, such as a bridge or denture, are not as effective at preventing the loss of bone.
- They prevent shifting teeth. The gap created by missing teeth invites other teeth to move into that gap, which can change your bite. Changes in your bite can cause headaches or extra wear on teeth.
- They are fixed in place. Unlike removable dentures, implants will not slip out of place as you eat or speak. Not only does this make them more comfortable, but it allows you to continue enjoying your favorite foods without worry.
- They look natural. Implants blend perfectly with your adjacent teeth.
- Maintenance is easy. Dental implants do not require special care with soaking solutions. You can maintain your healthy smile without disrupting your regular oral hygiene routine.
- They have a high success rate. Implant dentistry has over 50 years of established history in patient care with a high success rate.
- They are permanent. Implants are permanent and will last a lifetime with proper care. Other restorations, such as dentures, require replacement every 7 to 10 years.
- They are self-supporting. Unlike partial dentures or dental bridges, implants do not rely on adjacent teeth for support. This means there is no uncomfortable metal or wire to place stress on other teeth.
Who is a good candidate for an implant procedure?You may be a good candidate for dental implants if:
- You have healthy gum tissue free of periodontal disease
- You have adequate jaw bone to support the implant
- You aren’t a smoker
- You do not have sufficient bone in the jaw to support the implant – you may need a bone graft first
- You are in poor overall health or have oral health issues or gum disease
- You take steroids or other medications that suppress the immune system
- You are a smoker or other tobacco product user
- You have diabetes, heart disease, or an autoimmune disorder that could affect the healing process
Let us help restore your smile.Artesa Dental is an excellent choice to provide your implant restorations. We proudly offer high-quality dental care at our dental office in Martinez, CA. Contact us today at (925) 430-7498 to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help restore your smile.